You and your significant other (and quite possibly friends and family as well) have meticulously planned your BIG DAY. Your wedding!
You have an idea in mind of what it is you want from your wedding photos. In case you have hit a creative block, here is some ideas that you may just want to use.
Just remember to consider your venue’s layout, architecture and surrounding areas. But most importantly, your photos should showcase you and your loved ones’ unique personalities.
CREATIVE PHOTO IDEAS
Think out the box. Do something different.
If you have a venue surrounded by nature, by all means use it to the full. Such as this perfect moment where the moon is at the right spot to enhance this gorgeous shot.
Blow it all away with a kiss
All those months and months of planning and you probably used up a whole ream of paper. Your big day has finally arrived. Capture the moment where your kiss sets off a whirlwind and let those papers scatter!! Or simply use old newspapers.
Play an instrument?
Do you or your SO play an instrument? Use it to serenade each other. What a beautiful picture.
From the traditional confetti pics you can add one or two that is a little bit different. This couple looks like they are stuck in the rain, but smiles all around.
No, it isn’t raining and from the pic you can clearly see there are no clouds in the sky. But this couple used the simple umbrella for a unique photo that seems as if they are standing underneath a street light on the beach! Clever idea to have a light fitted inside the umbrella to give this illusion.
This is not something you see every day. Beautifully captured.
A photo within a photo
In our day and age, selfies are everywhere! Use it in your photoshoot. A photo within a photo. Just gorgeous and different!
Let him do the lifting
All the usual pics depict the bride or lady lifting their foot with the blissful kiss. Why not let the groom do the honors this time around?
HAVING FUN WITH YOUR SHOOT
It isn’t all traditional or creative photos that are highlighted today. But also the ones where you and your wedding party are having fun! This is a beautiful day to remember and as such should be filled with laughter. Here are just a few ideas to help you along.
Let him do the walking
If you don’t mind your significant others’ head stuck up your wedding dress, then this fun pic is for you! Looks amazing and you can see how much fun was to be had.
Using the kiddos
If you are having the kiddos present at your wedding, why not use them? We all know the young ones don’t understand the importance of a kiss and you get exclamations of ‘eeeuuuwww’ or ‘groce’. Well then, have them act it out for this cute pic.
Reverse the roles
Reverse the gender roles and have the ladies act all macho and the men bring out their softer side. Sure to bring on some laughs!
Dogs are family
Why not bring in your furry kids into play as well. Look at this adorable picture. Mayhap have some help on the side if you have a bigger breed that is a bit energetic. Although, come to think of it, there may some funny pics in there all by itself!
Use your venue
If your venue has lifts, use them for this funny pic of the bride and groom going in opposite directions trying to get to each other.
If you are a sport enthusiast, why not use it in your wedding photos? Be it rugby, cricket, netball – whatever it is, it will make a one of a kind photo to treasure.
ADVICE AND TIPS
And here is some very important advice and tips to keep in mind for your BIG day.
- If you find a photographer you like, BOOK THEM. Do not wait too long. So many brides have cried many tears because of struggling to find a photographer. It should be under the top 5 things to arrange when you start planning your wedding.
- Talk to your photographer before finalizing your schedule for your wedding. The time of the day influences photos and certain times of the day is more photogenic than others.
- The bride can be fashionably late. It is sort of expected. However, pay attention and respect the schedule that you discussed with your photographer prior to the wedding. Quality photos by a professional photographer does not take just 10 minutes. Be sensitive to this.
- We all love people taking photos at our wedding. But rather leave that for last. Your dear little sis who wants to study photography may be awesome, but she may also hamper your photographer in getting the best shots possible.
- You have an idea of how you would like to look on your photos and that is perfectly acceptable. As a suggestion, send a photo of you that you like to your photographer and one you don’t like. This will give them a clear picture of what you are referring to.
- Appoint someone you trust to help you organize guests on the big day when it comes to the photos. It will keep things moving quickly and smoothly. And that is one stress you really do not need!
- Your photographer will give you direction on how to stand and where for example. Don’t try to pose too much. Relax and act naturally. Be in the moment. Your pictures will come out beautifully.
- If there are certain poses or pics that you definitely don’t want on your wedding day, talk to your photographer. Do not assume. Every one’s tastes differ. If you don’t discuss these things with your photographer, you may end up with pictures that you don’t like.
- HAVE FUN! Whether it is getting a little cake on your face or some detail didn’t turn out like you expected and hoped for, just go with it, have fun and keep smiling.